With the help of sponsors Your Group, Natracare, Sustain and Grn Bikewear, Darren Hall led a group of cyclists to Paris in November 2015 to fly the flag for Bristol at the 21st Conference of the Parties on Climate Change (COP21).
As 2015 European Green Capital, Bristol was invited to co-host a ‘cities lounge’ inside COP 21. Their aim was to raise the city’s profile and to seek investment.
But it was also incredibly important for Bristol to be represented outside the wire as part of the hundreds of thousands of groups campaigning for action. Our riders attended a variety of business conferences, activist summits, debates and gatherings on your behalf.
The riders were:
- Toby Parker – Chief Executive of Sustain Ltd
- Wendy Stephenson – CEO of The Converging World
- Rachel Bird – The Landmark Practice
- Sean Buchan – Bristol Green Party
- Charley Pattison – Queen Square Chambers
- Giles Cooper – veteran long distance cyclist and environmental campaigner
- Matthew Gitsham – Sustain Ltd
- Jessica Gitsham – Natracare
- Jude English – Bristol Green Party
- Ruth Jacobs
The ride was filmed & supported by Griot Creative’s Hywel George. You can see his film here:
Headline sponsor, Your Group, sent their top team to Paris. “We see the future powered by clean, sustainable and affordable energy. With disruptive innovation we work with our clients to deliver that energy today, developing partnerships that harmonise people, planet and profit.”
We were also delighted that Natracare sponsored to female riders to fly the flag in Paris.
Finally, thanks to Toby Parker, long time supporter of our efforts.